Rain Hike: Tenpaizan 天拝山 to Kiyama 基山 2019/6/15
Rainy season is in full swing here. I have been looking for windows of opportunity to get hiking in. It seemed hike we had a good four hours last Saturday to hike. We abandoned some more ambitious plans and instead headed to a well known trail. Unfortunately there was no window, instead it rained for the entire duration. However this is what rainy season in Japan is all about and it is great to see the trails in the rain.
Gear: Rain hiking can either be really fun or a tedious chore if you go unprepared. consider packing the following items;
- Raincoat or rain suit: These can be purchased very cheaply or they can be very expensive for Gore-Tex pro gear. Get one with a hood. Essential in the rain.
- Pocket Umbrella: Not so useful for the trail but can be useful for the road walking sections to and from the trails.
- Pack cover: These can be purchased quite cheaply online or in outdoor stores. Get one that is appropriate for your pack size.
- Trail gaiters: Will help protect your feet and shoes from getting waterlogged.
- Wear quick trying materials and avoid cotton clothing.
Below are some images of our rain hike. The route is not new so I won't go into detail about it here. Click on the mountains tab at the top to find other posts with more of a guide explanation.
|Not much of a view from Tenpaizan|
Post a Comment